I am a postdoctoral researcher associated with the Advanced Interactive Technologies Lab and the Sensing, Interaction & Perception Lab at ETH Zurich. My research interests lie at the intersection of reinforcement learning, human-computer interaction, and cognitive psychology. I am working on modeling the closed-loop dynamics of human-computer interaction to create truly functional adaptive user interfaces.
I received my doctoral degree from ETH Zürich, advised by Professor Otmar Hilliges. I interned at Facebook Reality Labs with Hrvoje Benko (2018) and visited the User Interfaces group at Aalto University where I worked with Antti Oulasvirta (2017). Prior to my postdoc, I worked for the robotics startup Tinamu AG, a spin-off from ETH Zurich.
You can also find me on Google Scholar and ResearchGate.
- BA Jonathan Chen A Design-based Solution for a Notification Management System
- MA Brian Regan Application of Deep Q-Learning to Sequential Recommendation of Music
- BA Roman Sattler Optimizing Image Framing for Quadrotor Trajectory Generation
- SA Himankar Sharma Semantic Clustering of Mobile Instant Messages
- SA Yuwen Chen Learning the Weights of a Trajectory Optimizer
- BA Andreas Roth Implementing a Predictive Text Entry Method for Swiss German
- MA Yi Hao Ng Globally Smooth Trajectory Generation for Quadrotor Camera Shots
- SA Milan Schilling Design and Evaluation of a UI for a Stair Climbing Wheelchair
- SA Krzysztof Lis Quadrotor pilot training using augmented reality
- Assistant for Seminar on Advanced Topics in Mixed Reality — Spring 2022
- Assistant and lecturer for Human Computer Interaction — Autumn 2022
- Assistant for Seminar on Computational Interaction — Spring 2020
- Assistant for Mixed Reality Lab — Autumn 2019
- Assistant for Machine Perception — Spring 2019
- Assistant for Seminar on Computational Interaction — Spring 2019
- Assistant for Human Computer Interaction — Autumn 2018
- Assistant for Human Computer Interaction — Autumn 2017
- Assistant for User Interface Engineering — Spring 2017
- Assistant for Human Computer Interaction — Autumn 2016
- Assistant for User Interface Engineering — Spring 2016
- Assistant for Human Computer Interaction — Autumn 2015