Welcome to the AIT Lab where AI meets Interactive Technologies. We do research at the intersection of Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Human Computer Interaction (HCI). Our main mission is to develop new ways for humans to interact with complex interactive systems (computers, wearables, robots), powered by advanced algorithms and technologies in machine perception, planning and data driven user modelling. Please see research and publications for more information.
The AIT Lab, led by Prof. Dr. Otmar Hilliges, is within the Departement of Computer Science at ETH Zurich. The group is jointly affiliated with the Institute of Visual Computing and Institute of Pervasive Computing.
- We have an open PhD position in haptics!
- One paper accepted at ACM UIST 2017.
- Two papers accepted at ACM SIGGRAPH and IEEE CVPR.
- Journal paper accepted for IEEE Robotics & Automation Letters (RA-L) presentation at IEEE ICRA.
- We are hiring!
- Otmar Hilliges receives an ERC starting grant.
- C++/Python code for UWB tracking on GitHub.
- Fast Random Forest library on GitHub.
- Three new papers conditionally accepted at ACM UIST 2016 and at IEEE IROS.
Open PhD and PostDoc positions
We are currently looking for motivated and creative PhD students who are eager to get involved in cutting edge research in the areas of interactive machine learning, machine perception and numerical optimization for UI synthesis.
We are also looking for 2 post-docs with a back ground in either i) machine learning, bayesian optimisation, active learning, variational methods, deep-learning or related areas or ii) computer vision, graphics, robotics, numerical methods or physical simulation.
Excellent programming skills in C++ or other high-level language are expected and experience in Matlab, Phython, OpenGL, or CUDA are beneficial. Fluent communication skills (written and presentation) in English are essential.
Positions are fully funded (via ERC starting grant) and are available to students of any nationality (some knowledge of German is beneficial but not essential). For more details see how to apply.