Open PhD and PostDoc positions
We are currently looking for motivated and creative PhD students who are eager to get involved in cutting edge research in the areas of interactive machine learning, machine perception and numerical optimization for UI synthesis.
We are also looking for 2 post-docs with a back ground in either i) machine learning, bayesian optimisation, active learning, variational methods, deep-learning or related areas or ii) computer vision, graphics, robotics, numerical methods or physical simulation. Interest in applying these technologies to interactive systems and HCI problems is expected.
Excellent programming skills in C++ or other high-level language are expected and experience in Matlab, Phython, OpenGL, or CUDA are beneficial. Fluent communication skills (written and presentation) in English are essential.
Positions are fully funded (via ERC starting grant) and are available to students of any nationality (some knowledge of German is beneficial but not essential).
Postdoc Application Process
If you're interested in a PostDoc position please send an email to
Please use [AIT] Application Post-Doc <Firstname> <Lastname> as subject line.
- a description of research interests,
- a copy of your most recent university degree,
- course transcripts
- and the names and contact information of at least two referees.
PhD Application Process
We are always looking for excellent PhD students.
- Please take a few minutes to read to read our general application guidelines.
- Once you have read this please apply via the application form.
- After you have completed the form please send an notification e-mail to email@example.com.
Use [AIT] Application [Firstname] [Lastname] as subject line and don‘t forget to include your CV, references (at least two) and research statement (at least as important as the CV).