Welcome to the AIT Lab where AI meets Interactive Technologies. We do research at the intersection of Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Human Computer Interaction (HCI). Our main mission is to develop new ways for humans to interact with complex interactive systems (computers, wearables, robots), powered by advanced algorithms and technologies in machine perception, planning and data driven user modelling. Please see research and publications for more information.
The AIT Lab, led by Prof. Dr. Otmar Hilliges, is within the Department of Computer Science at ETH Zurich. The group is jointly affiliated with the Institute of Visual Computing and Institute of Pervasive Computing.
- Our paper on digital ink synthesis wins Best Paper Honorable Mention Award at CHI'18.
- Our paper on haptics for AR/VR wins Best Paper Honorable Mention Award at UIST'17.
- Two papers accepted at ACM SIGCHI.
- Our paper on human motion models wins Best Paper Award at 3DV '17
- One paper accepted at ACM UIST 2017.
- Two papers accepted at ACM SIGGRAPH and IEEE CVPR.
- Journal paper accepted for IEEE Robotics & Automation Letters (RA-L).
- Otmar Hilliges receives an ERC starting grant.
Open PostDoc positions
We are currently looking for 2 post-docs with a background in either i) machine learning, bayesian optimisation, active learning, variational methods, deep-learning or related areas or ii) computer vision, graphics, robotics, numerical methods or physical simulation.
Excellent programming skills in C++ or other high-level language are expected and experience in Matlab, Python, OpenGL, or CUDA are beneficial. Fluent communication skills (written and presentation) in English are essential.
Positions are fully funded (via ERC starting grant) and are available to those of any nationality (some knowledge of German is beneficial but not essential). For more details see how to apply.